STATIONS: Primedia Broadcasting
DEPARTMENT: Eyewitness News
REPORT TO: Group Editor-in-chief
TITLE: Political Reporter
- Diploma/Degree in Journalism or relevant work experience
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Be passionate about politics
- Self-starter with excellent political contacts and the ability to make meaningful contacts.
- Have a deep understanding of South Africa’s political landscape,
- Understand the interconnections between the different political elements at play in South Africa
- Have the ability to translate political goings-on in an effective and relevant manner for our audience
- Solid knowledge of South Africa’s recent political history and be able to provide in-depth analyses to EWN’s coverage.
- Needs to be objective in thinking and have the ability to think about the bigger picture
- Have the ability to work with great speed and accuracy
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in political reporting
- Drivers licence essential
- Driver’s Licence + own vehicle
- Excellent work ethic
- Passion for politics and news
- Commitment to EWN
- Ability to develop and maintain strong sources
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Provide exclusive political stories that can be used on-air and online
- Provide in-depth coverage of political events and have the ability to analyse appropriately
Work with EWN online by providing opinion or analytical pieces from time to time, work with multimedia producers and have the ability to live tweet.
Send your detailed CV to Broadcastingcv1@primedia.co.za with the Subject LineDirect Sales Account Executive. The closing date for applications is 8 April 2016.
Suitable candidates will be selected in accordance with Primedia Broadcasting’s Employment Equity Policy. Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.