Murder suspect Henri van Breda has been granted bail of R100 000, with conditions, after appearing in the Stellenbosch Magistrate's Court.
He handed himself over to the Stellenbosch police station on Monday, nearly 18 months after three members of his family were axed to death in their luxury De Zalze Golf Estate home.
Magistrate Lungelo Jumba says that Van Breda is unlikely to be a flight risk, after his defence team argued that the 21-year-old had been co-operative, reports EWN's Monique Mortlock.
Bail conditions stipulate that Van Breda cannot leave the Western Cape or communicate with any witnesses.
The matter is expected to be transferred to the Western Cape High Court and postponed to 9 September.
Listen to the full conversation from The Midday Report with Stephen Grootes:
WATCH: Henri van Breda arrives at court
#DeZalze Botha says state doesn't oppose bail. They've agreed on bail conditions. He says Van Breda has been cooperative with police. MM— EWN Reporter (@ewnreporter) June 14, 2016
#DeZalze Jumba says the matter has been transferred to high court & postponed to 9 September. MM— EWN Reporter (@ewnreporter) June 14, 2016