You'll probably agree; the wholewheat pasta salad with chicken and hummus dressing in the picture looks very tasty!
It's easy and very quick to make (you may leave the chicken out, if you like).
- 300g Wholewheat fusilli pasta, cooked and cooled
- 4 Courgettes, sliced lengthways and chargrilled
- 1 Red pepper, char grilled, peeled and sliced
- 1 Cup (250 ml) left over chicken, shredded
- 2 Cups (500 ml) baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) yoghurt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) hummus
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground coriander
- Salt and milled pepper
- Toss salad ingredients together.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together, pour over salad and mix well.
This article first appeared on CapeTalk : Wanna impress, but have no time? How to make a delicious whole-wheat pasta salad