Writer and columnist Ndumiso Ngcobo says nothing beats a good 'ol walk.
He says putting one foot in front of the other has helped improve his health and fitness.
Ngcobo tries to walk each day and walks about 11 kilometres when he does.
I'm too lazy to jog... I don't want to pound the pavement. Any excuse I get to walk, I take it.— Ndumiso Ngcobo, Sunday Times Columnist and Author
He says that he has lost over 15 kilograms over a period of 13 months after he started walking.
Ngcobo shares his own walking tips and tricks with listeners:
- he leaves his phone to avoid distractions
- he doesn't count his steps
- he uses the same route and sets himself a time goal
- other times he walks aimlessly to clear his mind
- he uses the time to plan and reflect
Take a listen to callers share their experiences:
This article first appeared on CapeTalk : Walk the weight off, advises Ndumiso Ngcobo