The interim board of the embattled South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) appeared before the portfolio committee on communications on Wednesday.
EWN Reporter Gaye Davis says a decision was made on what disciplinary action former SABC COO Hlaudi Motsoeneng will face.
We've got a date for that hearing, it's next Wednesday the 17th of May.— Gaye Davis, EWN Parliamentary Correspondent
Davis adds that interim board chairperson, Khanyisile Kweyama said that the board has decided to overturn the decision that was taken by the previous board to challenge, in court, former Public Protector, Thuli Madonsela's report on the SABC.
Last year, the Western Cape High Court ruled that Motsoeneng will not be able to hold any office at the SABC until such a time that report was set aside on review.
Davis reports that the interim board chairperson told the committee that the board has taken the advice of an independent legal counsel, who will guide them on drawing up the charge sheet.
This one aspect of a disciplinary hearing that Motsoeneng faces.— Gaye Davis, EWN Parliamentary Correspondent
The other which is going to run as parallel process, is a disciplinary hearing as a consequence of the press conference that he gave last month.— Gaye Davis, EWN Parliamentary Correspondent
Take a listen to the full report below:
Earlier, Duduetsang Makuse, Coordinator at Save Our SABC (SOS) Coalition spoke with Talk Radio 702's Redi Tlhabi about the SABC's funding model.