In many ways, millennials have had it relatively easy compared to the generations before them.
Long before Google, MacBooks and Tinder, a different generation got through their youth with a little less ease.
Presenter Eusebius McKaiser invited listeners to share their nostalgic memories of the era before digital everything.
#ThingsMillenialWIllNeverUnderstand "Nommer asseblief! Nommer asseblief!"— Eusebius McKaiser (@Eusebius) May 19, 2017
10 things millennials will never understand:
1. There was once a time before [insert streaming service of choice here].
2. Having to adjust the aerial for a better picture on your TV - no HD.
@Eusebius I'm a millenial & I don't miss having to hold the TV aerial at a weird angle for an hour for us to watch wrestling.— Night At the Museum (@BanNgidi) May 19, 2017
3. Making your way to the nearest telephone booth with small change or to make a collect call.
@Eusebius millennials won't understand tikkie boxes and reverse calls— Karabo K. Kgoleng (@KaraboKgoleng) May 19, 2017
4. The highly technical skill needed to rewind or fix unraveling cassette tapes.
5. This slight broadcasting inconvenience.
6.Not immediately knowing how those selfies turned out. #Kodak
7. A kids show for the history books, before Disney channel.
8. Written communication not sent via an App?
#ThingsMillenialsWillNeverUnderstand Telegrams...— Eusebius McKaiser (@Eusebius) May 19, 2017
9. When your floppy disk just wouldn't cooperate.
10. Before sliced bread hit the market (and when the milk man was still a thing).
#ThingsMillenialsWillNeverUnderstand going to the shop and buy unsliced loaf of Albany bread.— Mike Khosa (@mikekhosa10) May 19, 2017
Take a listen to callers share their experiences during a trip down memory lane:
This article first appeared on CapeTalk : 10 things millennials will never fully grasp (and many other flashbacks)