No provincial congresses after September 30 - Gwede Mantashe
ANC Secretary-General Gwede Mantashe has informed provincial and league secretaries in a memo that in order for the December elective conference to go ahead as planned there should be no regional and provincial congresses after September 30.
ANC national spokesperson Zizi Kodwa confirms that a letter was indeed written to all the provincial structures of the ANC by the Secretary-General, Gwede Mantashe.
He says when they prepare for the national conference they do not want to run on mixed processes within the organisation.
We want to run a very clean and tight process towards the national conference that adheres to both the constitution and guidelines of the ANC as adopted by the National Executive Committee.Zizi Kodwa, ANC national spokesperson
Kodwa says outstanding issues within PEC's will not affect delegates to participate in the national conference. So far the audit processes have been completed by 6 provinces, the Western Cape and Eastern Cape are preparing for their own provincial conferences which are scheduled take place next week.
Kwazulu-Natal is also still pending following the High Court ruling that the outcome of the 2015 provincial elective conference was unlawful.
We are almost two-thirds in terms of branches of the ANC that have completed their audits and those that have completed can now convene their meetings because the audit reports have confirmed their status. They are in good standing therefore they can nominate their delegates at the same time they can nominate leadership.Zizi Kodwa, ANC national spokesperson
Kodwa says the party is worried about the political killings happening in Kwazulu-Natal but those should not be associated with the ANC.
The ANC cannot be associated in the 23 years of democracy with the political killings when we were the party that brought stability in Kwazulu-Natal before 1994.Zizi Kodwa, ANC national spokesperson
Even violence that is reported in some meetings of the ANC, we can't have joy when people - because of their preferences - resort to violence. That is not part of the ANC culture, traditions and values...Zizi Kodwa, ANC national spokesperson
To hear more of this interview, listen below:
This article first appeared on CapeTalk : No provincial congresses after September 30 - Gwede Mantashe
Journalist Aisha Abdool Karim says the Cuban medical school curriculum is in line with the South African programme.Read More
Restaurant Association Of South Africa CEO Wendy Alberts says her industry can't continue to operate under restrictive conditions.Read More
Eusebius McKaiser and historian Dr Vashna Jagarnath shine the spotlight on the origins of African unity.Read More
Police national spokesperson Brigadier Vish Naidoo they will deal directly with matters where police committed a crime.Read More
God's Church Must Rise chairperson Bishop Bheki Ngcobo says the church should have been deemed an essential service at Level 5.Read More
Ntuli's campaign spokesperson Sam Mgobozi has confirmed that she has written to the party's public representatives.Read More
EWN parliamentary correspondent Babalo Ndenze gives an update of the briefing by Cogta Minister Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma.Read More
Transport Minister Fikile Mbalula gives the state of readiness of his department as the country moves to lockdown Level 3.Read More
Spokesperson Kabelo Mahlobogwane says they wont allow the minister to use pupils and teachers to test the strength of COVID-19.Read More
Political analyst Lukhona Mnguni looks at the announcement of moving to Level 3 and the politics around the lockdown.Read More