money-show-thumbnailjpg money-show-thumbnailjpg
The Money Show with Bruce Whitfield

Up Next: The Aubrey Masango Show
The Money Show with Bruce Whitfield
Entertainment

AKA dares Cassper to give him a milli and he'll help him #FillUpFnb stadium

10 November 2017 4:43 PM
AKA
Kiernan Forbes
AKA beef with Cassper Nyovest

Award winning hip hop artist, Kiernan Forbes better known as AKA dared his fellow rap artist and rival during #702Unplugged.

Award winning hip hop artist, Kiernan Forbes better known as AKA gave his fans an electrifying performance on #702Unplugged on the Azania Mosaka show this Friday.

He performed some of his most popular hits such as 'the Caiphus Song', 'The world is yours' and 'Don't forget to pray'.

Here's some of what we took from AKA's interview with Mosaka

How he became known as 'Super Mega'

Super Mega was something I just decided on. I like investing different nicknames for myself at different stages of my career.

AKA, Hip Hop artist

Why wears sunglasses during his performances

When I perform, I'm like a character. It's like they are a protective layer. I can see you but you can't see me. It helps me get into character.

AKA, Hip Hop artist

On naming his first album 'Altar Ego'

It's a play on words. I was a bit full of myself. I'm still full of myself but then i was especially full of myself. It was a play on words, a 'God-like ego'.

AKA, Hip Hop artist

On his ego

It's necessary to be a rap artist with an ego. Hip hop music started out in the park in the 70's. Rap has always been competitive in its nature, it's always been about battling, about flexing your skills lyrically.

AKA, Hip Hop artist

His years at St. Johns

His introduction to the music industry was in 2002 when he joined rap group, Entity, with his two former school mates and managed to garner huge success. Later in 2006 the group disbanded with all three members forging different paths.

It was an interesting time for me. We formed the group in the first year of high school and later decided we wanted to put music out. Sizwe Mpofu-Walsh called me the other but we've drifted apart.

AKA, Hip Hop artist

Also read: Cassper Nyovest wants you to help him make history and #FillUpFnbStadium

On his feud and 'beef' with Cassper Nyovest

The beef with AKA and fellow rap artist, Cassper Nyovest has been described as one of the longest public feuds in South African hip-hop history. Both artists have released diss tracked where they take aim at one another.

Cassper if you're listening, bring me a million bucks and let's do #FillUpFNB together.

AKA, Hip Hop artist

10 November 2017 4:43 PM
AKA
Kiernan Forbes
AKA beef with Cassper Nyovest

More from Entertainment

screen-shot-2020-08-13-at-121147-pmpng

If I felt bad I sang a song, when I sing I feel better - Dr Rebecca Malope

13 August 2020 11:53 AM

Clement Manyathela chats to award-winning gospel artist Dr Rebecca Malope on #HangingOutwithClement.

2020-08-13 Man winning lottery in 1998 video goes viral again

Video of man beating death, winning 250k lottery in 1998 goes viral again

13 August 2020 8:54 AM

Khabazela shares some of the videos that went viral on Twitter and Facebook.

2020-08-13Woman receives text message from delivery guy

Woman disgusted after receiving text from delivery guy asking if she was single

13 August 2020 8:53 AM

Khabazela shares some of the videos that went viral on Twitter and Facebook.

2020-08-12 Woman uses paint roller to apply sunscreen

[WATCH] Woman using paint roller to apply sunscreen on back leaves us intrigued

12 August 2020 8:34 AM

Khabazela shares some of the videos that went viral on Twitter and Facebook.

2020-08-12 Mom reads dirty text

[WATCH] Mother reading dirty text from son's girlfriend leave us in stitches

12 August 2020 8:33 AM

Khabazela shares some of the videos that went viral on Twitter and Facebook.

200810bob2gif

Bob Mabena was generous in spirit and allowed everybody to shine - Penny Lebyane

11 August 2020 3:25 PM

Radio and TV personality Penny Lebyane remembers South African radio and television veteran Bob Mabena.

2020-08-11SouthAfricans take on influencer challenge

[WATCH] South Africans taking on the #InfluencerChallenge leaves us in stitches

11 August 2020 8:40 AM

Khabazela shares some of the videos that went viral on Twitter and Facebook.

200810bobgif

[WATCH] The late Bob Mabena's profound thoughts on life and death

11 August 2020 8:39 AM

Khabazela shares some of the videos that went viral on Twitter and Facebook.

rorisang-mothubajpg

Power dynamics make women vulnerable when filming intimate scene - Rori Motuba

10 August 2020 5:08 PM

Actress Rorisang Motuba says an intimacy coach must be brought on set to ensure everything that happens is mutually agreed on.

Ayanda Borotho

'I hate the term GBV, it's like we're romanticising what we're talking about'

10 August 2020 3:53 PM

Actress Ayanda Borotho and one of South Africa’s best-known broadcasters Kate Turkington discuss being a woman in South Africa.