The Western Cape High Court is deciding on whether to allow new evidence from the defence for axe murder accused Henri van Breda.
The 23-year-old accused of killing his parents and his sibling in 2013 at the De Salza Estate near Stellenbosch, concluded his testimony last week.
He was expected to be the defence’s final witness, but the court has heard a request for a defence psychologist to take the stand.
Eyewitness News reporter, Shamiela Fisher has more on the story.
We have been told in court today that Henri Van Breda was hospitalised last Wednesday after having suffered a seizure.— Shamiela Fisher, EWN reporter
He underwent a series of tests at the Constantiaberg Medi-Clinic where a neurologist diagnosed him with juvenile myoclonic epilepsy.— Shamiela Fisher, EWN reporter
The defence basically wants the neurologist to testify about the condition because it says it is important to establish the memory loss that he says he experienced during the night of the attack.— Shamiela Fisher, EWN reporter
Click on the link below to listen to listen to the full audio....
This article first appeared on CapeTalk : Court deciding whether to allow new medical evidence in Van Breda murder case