Stuck on what to buy your child this Christmas?
Publisher of Child Magazine, Lisa McNamara, suggests three Christmas gift ideas at a range of prices to suit your budget.
1. Give a donation to a worthy cause in the name of a child
- Feed a child for a year (via the Peninsular School Feeding Scheme) R450 for whole year or give as much as you can
- Care for an animal by having it sterilised (SPCA, Tears, Sidewalk Special) R370 for one sterilisation at SPCa, R350 at TEARS
- Plant a tree in one of the reforestation projects in southern Africa (Greenprop.org)
2. Eco-friendly toys
- 'Hape' toys priced from R33 for a Yoyo to trains at R145 or dolls house at R1900 (Available at Toy Kingdom, Makro and faithful-to-nature.co.za)
3. Old faithful doll
- 'Baby Love' dolls, speak up to 50 phrases in English, Afrikaans and Zulu from R499 (Toy Kingdom, Makro and online)
Take a listen to her explain the perks and value of each gift suggestion:
This article first appeared on CapeTalk : Christmas gift ideas for your kids