Spokesperson of the Johannesburg Roads Agency Nonhlanhla Nxumalo says that there will be roads closed due to New Year’s Eve celebrations. She adds that these include all the access roads leading to the M1 North and South on the double decker section.
Nxumalo says that the road closures will take place due to preparations around a carnival and the New Year’s Celebration with the Major of Johannesburg. She adds that there will also be a closing party which will be celebrated at Gandhi Square.
Nxumalo highlights that this is for the security of officials and motorists.
The following sections will be completely closed off:
- M1 South Smit Street on-ramp – motorists are advised to use Smit Street off-ramp.
- M1 South Carr Street on-ramp
- M1 North: Crown interchange to Double Decker - motorists are advised to use M2 East
- M2 West: Crown interchange to Double Decker
- M1 North on-ramp from Booysens Road to Selby to M1 North Double Decker
- M2 East: Eloff Street: on-ramp will not be closed but motorists should be aware that access to the M1 North is closed.
Listen to the full audio in the link below...