Asecurity official was was shot and wounded in Philippi on Sunday. He was part of a group of contracted officials responsible for transporting train drivers on the central line.
This attack came just four days after the central line reopened. Services had been suspended for six weeks due to security concerns.
Pressure group Unite Behind has come out and called for a a proper safety plan from Prasa following the incident.
Zukiswa Vuka, from Unite Behind says this isn't the only attack on the central line.
These attacks have been happening on numerous occasions and now its becoming an everyday thing.— Zukiswa Vuka, Organiser at #UniteBehind
Our main concern is that the people who are working for Prasa are not just employees of Prasa. They are mothers and fathers, sisters - members of families. It is quite concerning.— Zukiswa Vuka, Organiser at #UniteBehind
Vuka says Prasa must not only ensure the safety of their commuters, but of their employees as well.
This article first appeared on CapeTalk : #Unite behind call for proper safety plan from Prasa after attack on security