'Tiger Brands response is too little too late'
Media Specialist and CEO of Ditshego Media, Tebogo Ditshego said Tiger Brand's response saying it will not take responsibility for the listeriosis outbreak pending an internal investigation, has come too late.
Tiger Brands held a press conference on Monday and said it refuses to take direct responsibility for the death caused by the outbreak.
Speaking to Mandy Wiener on The Midday Report, Ditshego said a brand needs to be the first to know when there is an issue with the product.
In this case, Tiger Brands only came out with a response after the health department told it to recall its products. He says this is concerning because the crisis didn't start yesterday, but last year. Tiger Brand should have recalled their products back then, he adds.
At the end of the day, you will be defined by the product and services that you offer.Tebogo Ditshego,Media Specialist and CEO of Ditshego Media
The listeriosis outbreak has led to Zimbabwe, Botswana and Zambia banning the imports of cold processed meat products from South Africa.
EWN, reporter Pelane Phakgadi attended the Tiger Brand press conference.
He reports that CEO of Tiger Brands, Lawrence MacDougall adamantly said his company's products have not led to any deaths and they are not aware of any link at this stage. Macdougall also said Tiger Brands cannot be held liable until their internal processes have been concluded and a formal document has been received from the minister of health.
Mcdougall said they are not the source of the outbreak and will not apologise.Pelane Phakgadi, EWN reporter
Listen to the Pelane Phakgadi's report below:
Also Listen to Tebogo Ditshego's interview below:
President Cyril Ramaphosa announced in an address to the nation that SA will move down to Level 3 lockdown from 1 June.Read More
The Dept of Home Affairs has announced the categories which meet criteria for permission to leave the country.Read More
The President has delivered a lockdown update - listen to his explanation of the move to Level 3 from 1 June.Read More
A survey by teacher unions shows that 92% of SA's schools are not ready and safe to re-open says Natu's Cynthia Barnes.Read More
Health Minister Zweli Mkhize said there were 10 new corona-virus related deaths, bringing the total to 407.Read More
After counting 20 people without masks during a short drive, political analyst Melanie Verwoerd called CapeTalk in despair.Read More
Higher Education Minister Blade Nzimande gives details of how the different lockdown levels will affect students at tertiary level.Read More
A video shot in the Western Cape shows an officer dragging a mask-wearing woman to a police van, apparently during exercise hours.Read More
Joanne Joseph spoke to Native Child founder Sonto Pooe about their online sales which have increased five times than usual.Read More
702 and Dineplan are giving you a chance to keep your favourite local spots open after the lockdown. Find out how.Read More