Aubrey Masango 702 Gradient Aubrey Masango 702 Gradient
The Aubrey Masango Show

The Aubrey Masango Show
Politics

I have never held back any information about my qualifications - Marietha Aucamp

18 May 2018 11:35 AM
Solly Msimanga
Tshwane Mayor Solly Msimanga
Marietha Aucamp

Aucamp was placed on special leave this week after it emerged she did not have the required qualifications as Chief of Staff.

Tshwane Mayor Solly Msimanga's former chief of staff, Marietha Aucamp, says she has never held back any information about her qualifications.

Aucamp resigned on Thursday after it emerged she did not have the required qualifications for the position.

She insists that she followed due process when she applied for the job.

There is a standard policy on recruitment for positions in the City of Tshwane, there is a formal application. In the application I only indicated that I have a standard ten as my highest qualification. I was then invited as a shortlisted candidate to an interview, received a letter that I am one of the preferred candidates, I did go through the competency assessment, my assessment came back as indicating that I was tested as superior competency and received the letter of appointment then.

Marietha Aucamp, former chief of staff

Responding to questions surrounding a leaked document of her alleged application, Aucamp suggests it was fabricated.

I know that there is an investigation going on with regards to the leaking of it, the adding and leaving out of crucial documents and information in those personal files. I think it is leaked to some sabotage from inside the organisation.

Marietha Aucamp, former chief of staff

I have never made secret or held back any information about my qualifications.

Marietha Aucamp, former chief of staff

In a statement released on Thursday evening, Msimanga said he had asked Aucamp to resign and accepted her resignation.

READ: Bongani Bingwa asks: Who lied between Marietha Aucamp and Solly Msimanga

While she has refused to go into detail, Aucamp says the mayor's statement is not a true reflection of events.

There is some of the statement that I do not agree with and I do not want to elaborate on it for the simple reason that that was not part of mine and the mayor's discussion. I know that the mayor did not write that statement so no I do not feel betrayed by the mayor.

Marietha Aucamp, former chief of staff

If it was, then it is unfortunate.

Marietha Aucamp, former chief of staff

Msimanga's spokesperson Samkelo Mgobozi says he was not privy to the conversation but the statement was approved by the mayor.

It was with the mayor's blessing that I released this statement because I was not privy to the conversation.

Samkelo Mgobozi, spokesperson for Tshwane mayor Solly Msimanga

Click on the link below to listen to the full conversation....

18 May 2018 11:35 AM
Solly Msimanga
Tshwane Mayor Solly Msimanga
Marietha Aucamp

Recommended

More from Politics

Red wine white woman female funny reaction 123rf 123rflifestyle

'Few restaurants will now survive without selling alcohol. We were blindsided'

13 July 2020 6:33 PM

Bruce Whitfield interviews reps from the Restaurant Association Of SA, Business Unity SA and the National Liquor Traders Council.

liquor-store-sales-wine-champagne-mmc-brut-bubbly-alcohol-booze-drinking-123rf

Liquor traders association aggrieved by sudden ban on sale of alcohol

13 July 2020 11:16 AM

Liquor Traders Association of SA's Sean Robinson and Gauteng Liquor Forum's Fanny Mokoena reflect on liquor ban.

cooler-box-beer-booze-alcohol-liquor-transportation-car- drunk-driving-123rf

'Regulations need to focus on spaces where risk of transmission is high'

13 July 2020 9:00 AM

Wits School of Governance's professor Alex van den Heever unpacks the latest restriction by the President Cyril Ramaphosa.

ramaphosa3jpg

Ramaphosa reinstates ban on alcohol, COVID-19 death toll surpasses 4,000

12 July 2020 10:30 PM

President Cyril Ramaphosa said on Sunday he was concerned that South Africans were downplaying the seriousness of the pandemic.

Cyril Ramaphosa

(WATCH LIVE] President Cyril Ramaphosa addresses the nation at 8pm

12 July 2020 7:53 PM

Ramaphosa addresses the nation this evening on developments in SA's risk-adjusted strategy to manage the spread of COVID-19.

scootersjpg

'EC scooters were procured to allow transportation of meds by health workers'

10 July 2020 12:07 PM

Provincial health department head Dr Thobile Mbengashe is adamant that these scooters were never meant to be ambulances.

scootersjpg

EC tender was for 100 clinics, not ambulances - Fabkomp director

10 July 2020 7:34 AM

The company that got the R10 million tender's Brian Harmse sheds light on the controversial project.

190124 Phil Masinga4

For anyone to write me off politically at this moment is ill-advised - Gigaba

9 July 2020 11:50 AM

Clement Manyathela chats with former minister Malusi Gigaba in a new feature called #HangingOutwithClement.

123rf A pile of two hundred rand notes, South African currency money

'It is critical that South Africa brings its public debt under control'

9 July 2020 8:07 AM

RMB CEO James Formby says if the country doesnt control its debt, it will find itself in an economic quagmire.

200707truckdriversgif

Truck drivers continue with protest despite union's plea for the strike to end

8 July 2020 1:57 PM

All Truck Drivers Foundation Gauteng secretary Mandla Mngomezulu says the union condemn any violence that is brought by protest.