Radovan Krejcir claims there's a conspiracy to keep him behind bars
Convicted criminal Radovan Krejcir has accused senior police officials and politicians of conspiring against him.
In an exclusive interview with Eyewitness News from prison, Krejcir claims the conspiracy started after he pad R2.5 million to a high-profile politician's son in turn for asylum.
The Czech fugitive says he paid the money in 2011 after being promised assistance with obtaining asylum papers but the relationship with the politician's son soured.
He alleges that this led to senior police officials framing him for crimes he didn't commit.
Eyewitness News reporter Gia Nicolaides has the full story.
Along with the this politicians son, he made an agreement and he paid R2.5 million, that was just the deposit because the agreement was to pay a total of R5 million. This politicians son allegedly said he would help him with asylum papers, that did not work out and the relationship soured.Gia Nicolaides, EWN reporter
Krejcir and five others were convicted in 2015 on charges relating to the kidnapping and torture of a man.
In an affidavit drafted in July 2018, Krejcir claims there are plans to keep him behind bars and that prison authorities do not want him to have access to legal documents.
Krejcir now says that is when his troubles began. Part of what he has explained is how he has been moved from three different prisons. He was an awaiting trial prisoner and yet was staying right next door to someone who had already been sentenced.Gia Nicolaides, EWN reporter
Asked why he would reveal this information only five years later, Krejcir says he thought the evidence would come out in court.
He has explained that through the court processes that justice would be served, that he would have an opportunity to explain himself, for the evidence to come out. Ultimately he is hoping that the truth will come out so that he can be released.Gia Nicolaides, EWN reporter
He goes on at length to describe how he has been treated in prison. He talks about major health conditions, he says he is not given the proper medical treatment, ultimately that he is being ignored and that everyone is against him.Gia Nicolaides, EWN reporter
Listen to the interview below:
The Department of Correctional Services has refuted the claims of mistreatment.
Click on the link below to listen to the full report...
EWN reporter Nthakoana Ngatane gives an update on what is happening at the state capture commission.Read More
Zimbabwe government spokesman Nick Mangwana denies that there are human rights violations happening in that country.Read More
In his "From The Desk of the President" column, Cyril Ramaphosa unpacks a number of commitments made under Generation Equality.Read More
Former president Jacob Zuma said on his official Twitter account that he “unconditionally withdraws” the allegation.Read More
The president said in his Women's Day speech there are efforts to give women access to productive assets such as land.Read More
Mlamleli was ousted during a special council meeting on Friday night through a motion of no confidence brought by the Freedom Front Plus.Read More
The Desmond & Leah Tutu Legacy Foundation says the fact that SA's coronavirus defences have been looted is not a big surprise.Read More
Mamabolo has admitted that last month his interview with Ngoako Malatji deteriorated, leading to him to utter profanities unbefitting of a public representative.Read More
Following a cabinet meeting, Winde said that the province had sufficient health capability to manage COVID-19 patients.Read More
Last year, the former president tweeted that former tourism minister Derek Hanekom was "a known enemy agent".Read More