Solly Msimanga: The decision to keep Mosola was a multi-party resolution
There are speculations that the City of Tshwane Mayor Solly Msimanga is dancing to the tune of the EFF after the party saved him from a motion of no confidence tabled by the ANC.
Speculations come after an announcement that city manager Moeketsi Mosola will stay at his post despite a report from Msimanga that his presence in office could be detrimental to the stability of the municipality.
Did the DA agree to this to please the EFF for saving Msimanga?
Misimanga says council took a decision that an investigation on Mosola should continue but while the investigation is underway they do not see any risk of interference. Therefore, he should remain in his position.
Msimanga says his recommendations were clear on the matter that Mosola should be suspended but it seems council had a different view.
Council decided that they don't see anything wrong therefore we will proceed with him being there.Solly Msimanga, Mayor of Tshwane
After the preliminary report which will be available in 30 days time, then we will be able to make a final call in terms of the suspension.Solly Msimanga, Mayor of Tshwane
If council is satisfied with the reasons provided that the man doesn't pose any threats towards the investigation then that's what's been put forward.Solly Msimanga, Mayor of Tshwane
Msimanga denies that the EFF persuaded him to change his mind about suspending Mosola saying this was a multi-party decision.
To hear the rest of the conversation with Solly Msimanga, listen below:
This article first appeared on CapeTalk : Solly Msimanga: The decision to keep Mosola was a multi-party resolution
Former president Jacob Zuma said on his official Twitter account that he “unconditionally withdraws” the allegation.Read More
The president said in his Women's Day speech there are efforts to give women access to productive assets such as land.Read More
Mlamleli was ousted during a special council meeting on Friday night through a motion of no confidence brought by the Freedom Front Plus.Read More
The Desmond & Leah Tutu Legacy Foundation says the fact that SA's coronavirus defences have been looted is not a big surprise.Read More
Mamabolo has admitted that last month his interview with Ngoako Malatji deteriorated, leading to him to utter profanities unbefitting of a public representative.Read More
Following a cabinet meeting, Winde said that the province had sufficient health capability to manage COVID-19 patients.Read More
Last year, the former president tweeted that former tourism minister Derek Hanekom was "a known enemy agent".Read More
According to the Presidency, John Nkadimeng passed away on 6 August 2020 at the age of 93.Read More
Bruce Whitfield interviews Whitey Basson, who believes it's just not good enough for govt to say ban will be lifted but not when.Read More
The minister said the inter-ministerial committee, appointed by President Cyril Ramaphosa, was an entity with teeth that would act against those found to be looting from COVID-19 related projects.Read More