Five MyCiti workers were arrested on Tuesday afternoon during continuing protests by staff calling for better working conditions and higher pay.
They're also demanding to be employed directly by the municipality.
Several protesters employed by firms contracted by MyCiti embarked on the unprotected strike last week.
Meanwhile, a MyCiTi operator has confirmed that five workers have been fired, pending disciplinary processes, because they continued with the protest action.
Eyewitness News reporter Monique Mortlock attended a press briefing by Kidrogen, one of the four vehicle operating companies contracted by the City of Cape Town to provide MyCiTi bus services.
While some of the drivers have been at work the majority of them have been on strike.— Monique Mortlock, EWN Reporter
Peter from Kidrogen says that they have heard that their drivers have been on strike in solidarity with the other workers from the VOC's. According to him, the workers are happy with the working conditions.— Monique Mortlock, EWN Reporter
Mortlock says Kidrogen claims they resolved the wage disputes earlier this year, but there is no certainty around when the strike will end.
ALSO READ: MyCiti bus strike and rail enforcement unit
He said he is not sure, they have sent messages to the different drivers. They have also issued notices of dismissal to the drivers who are on strike.— Monique Mortlock, EWN Reporter
Listen to what they plan to do with intimidation of workers...
This article first appeared on CapeTalk : No clarity on when MyCiti bus strike will end