Ramaphosa kicks Moyane to the curb, but will Moyane fight back?
President Cyril Ramaphosa announced on Thursday that he has heeded the recommendations of the Nugent Commission of Inquiry, which submitted its interim report at the end of September to axe Tom Moyane as the Commissioner of the South African Revenue Service (Sars).
EWN reporter Barry Bateman says Moyane is not going to take this decision lying down.
He said as much to the President when he submitted those submissions last week Friday where he urged the President to disregard the Nugent recommendations and its findings saying that any reasonable President who applies his mind would disregard these findings.Barry Bateman, EWN reporter
He adds that the President applied his mind and certainly heeded those recommendations and has gone on to fire him.
He made the point that if you do not disregard them and you do go ahead with this, we reserve our right and among those was the threat of hauling the President off to court. And of course, don't forget that he has applied to the Constitutional Court to review the establishment of this commission.Barry Bateman, EWN reporter
Moyane has made it clear that he is up for a legal battle and I think this has just added fuel to that fire and he definitely is going to take it further.Barry Bateman, EWN reporter
Listen below to the full Political Desk:
EWN reporter Nthakoana Ngatane gives an update on what is happening at the state capture commission.Read More
Zimbabwe government spokesman Nick Mangwana denies that there are human rights violations happening in that country.Read More
In his "From The Desk of the President" column, Cyril Ramaphosa unpacks a number of commitments made under Generation Equality.Read More
Former president Jacob Zuma said on his official Twitter account that he “unconditionally withdraws” the allegation.Read More
The president said in his Women's Day speech there are efforts to give women access to productive assets such as land.Read More
Mlamleli was ousted during a special council meeting on Friday night through a motion of no confidence brought by the Freedom Front Plus.Read More
The Desmond & Leah Tutu Legacy Foundation says the fact that SA's coronavirus defences have been looted is not a big surprise.Read More
Mamabolo has admitted that last month his interview with Ngoako Malatji deteriorated, leading to him to utter profanities unbefitting of a public representative.Read More
Following a cabinet meeting, Winde said that the province had sufficient health capability to manage COVID-19 patients.Read More
Last year, the former president tweeted that former tourism minister Derek Hanekom was "a known enemy agent".Read More