What can be done to tackle the growing youth unemployment?
Presenter Eusebius McKaiser hosted a panel of guests during a two-part discussion that offered some possible solutions to youth unemployment.
The panel spoke about high-impact interventions that could drive job creation, job retention and economic growth.
Ideas included how to creating access for excluded youth, policy reform, labour interventions and addressing skills/training shortages.
He spoke to the following panelists:
- Sifiso Mtsweni, chairperson of the National Youth Development Agency (NYDA).
- Najwah Allie-Edries, head of the Project Management at National Treasury’s R9-billion Jobs Fund.
- Andile Sangqu, member of Indlulamithi Steering Committee and head of Anglo American South Africa.
- Sicelo Mbonani, founder of Township Entrepreneurs Network.
- Busisiwe Mavuso, COO at Business Leadership SA.
- Independent Economist Ndumiso Hadebe.
- Ann Bernstein, heads of the Centre for Development and Enterprise.
- Economic Strategist Thabi Leoka.
Here are some of quotes and images captured during the discussion:Quotes & Pictures
Twitter users engaged using #702JobSummit. View some of their responses below:#702JobSummit tweets - Curated tweets by Radio702
Listen to part one of the discussion:
Listen to part two of the panel: