Mahumapelo and disgruntled N West ANC dispute NEC decision to disband PEC
The disgruntled North West ANC members together with Former North West Premier Supra Mahumapelo want the national executive committee's decision (NEC) to disband the party's provincial leadership to be overturned.
They are claiming that the decision was invalid and irrational.
Mahumapelo says they have reports that prove the legitimacy of the branches which was approved by former secretary general Gwede Mantashe.
These branches that they are saying are dysfunctional were audited and proved to be in good standing by former Secretary general Gwede Mantashe. The branches were approved to attend and participate in the national conference of the ANC and we've got an audit report to demonstrate that.Supra Mahumapelo, Former North West Premier
You can't argue after the national conference that the same branches that you allowed to participate and elected, suddenly after six months they are non-functional.Supra Mahumapelo, Former North West Premier
Mahumapelo says the NEC has the right to make that decision but the processes and the reasons it gave for disbanding the PEC are problematic.
He says there were meetings that were held before and after the conference where people were plotting to dissolve the NW PEC and they are using the NEC to rubber-stamp a decision of a particular group.
If we are clear and have demonstrable evidence at our disposal that the NEC is not rubber stamping an intention of a group that feels triumphant after Nasrec we would have accepted this decision.Supra Mahumapelo, Former North West Premier
To hear the rest of the conversation with Supra Mahumapelo, listen below:
In his "From The Desk of the President" column, Cyril Ramaphosa unpacks a number of commitments made under Generation Equality.Read More
Former president Jacob Zuma said on his official Twitter account that he “unconditionally withdraws” the allegation.Read More
The president said in his Women's Day speech there are efforts to give women access to productive assets such as land.Read More
Mlamleli was ousted during a special council meeting on Friday night through a motion of no confidence brought by the Freedom Front Plus.Read More
The Desmond & Leah Tutu Legacy Foundation says the fact that SA's coronavirus defences have been looted is not a big surprise.Read More
Mamabolo has admitted that last month his interview with Ngoako Malatji deteriorated, leading to him to utter profanities unbefitting of a public representative.Read More
Following a cabinet meeting, Winde said that the province had sufficient health capability to manage COVID-19 patients.Read More
Last year, the former president tweeted that former tourism minister Derek Hanekom was "a known enemy agent".Read More
According to the Presidency, John Nkadimeng passed away on 6 August 2020 at the age of 93.Read More
Bruce Whitfield interviews Whitey Basson, who believes it's just not good enough for govt to say ban will be lifted but not when.Read More