President to get a briefing from Ndabeni-Abrahams regarding SABC
President Cyril Ramaphosa on Thursday accepted the resignations of four SABC board members who tendered resignation letters because of challenging issues at the public broadcaster.
Earlier reports suggested that board members resigned because of political interference by the newly appointed communication minister Stella Ndabeni-Abrahams.
Spokesperson to the president, Khusela Diko says although the president asked for a briefing from the minister, there is currently no indication that there was political interference from her side.
There is no indication that has come to say that she sought to operationally interfere.Khusela Diko, Spokesperson for President Cyril Ramaphosa
The president is expecting the minister to come back to him with proposals and plans as well as explain what exactly happened with the board.Khusela Diko, Spokesperson for President Cyril Ramaphosa
The president felt it was important to accept the resignations and has now written to the speaker to inform her of the vacancies.Khusela Diko, Spokesperson for President Cyril Ramaphosa
According to Diko, the president did not engage with any of the board members to find out what really transpired but will be getting a brief from the minister.
To hear the rest of the conversation with Khusela Diko, listen below:
This article first appeared on CapeTalk : President to get a briefing from Ndabeni-Abrahams regarding SABC
In his "From The Desk of the President" column, Cyril Ramaphosa unpacks a number of commitments made under Generation Equality.Read More
Former president Jacob Zuma said on his official Twitter account that he “unconditionally withdraws” the allegation.Read More
The president said in his Women's Day speech there are efforts to give women access to productive assets such as land.Read More
Mlamleli was ousted during a special council meeting on Friday night through a motion of no confidence brought by the Freedom Front Plus.Read More
The Desmond & Leah Tutu Legacy Foundation says the fact that SA's coronavirus defences have been looted is not a big surprise.Read More
Mamabolo has admitted that last month his interview with Ngoako Malatji deteriorated, leading to him to utter profanities unbefitting of a public representative.Read More
Following a cabinet meeting, Winde said that the province had sufficient health capability to manage COVID-19 patients.Read More
Last year, the former president tweeted that former tourism minister Derek Hanekom was "a known enemy agent".Read More
According to the Presidency, John Nkadimeng passed away on 6 August 2020 at the age of 93.Read More
Bruce Whitfield interviews Whitey Basson, who believes it's just not good enough for govt to say ban will be lifted but not when.Read More