ANCWL calls on the ANC to suspend Pule Mabe
The African National Congress Women's League (ANCWL) has called on the ANC to consider suspending its national spokesperson Pule Mabe, following allegations of sexual harassment.
Mabe's personal assistant has accused him of wanting to have sex with her in exchange for the job.
The women's league says Mabe must be suspended pending the outcome of the case.
The women's league secretary general Meokgo Matuba says they expect the party to act quickly on the matter.
We feel that women deserve better. Their rights are also human rights and therefore we must be treated with respect. We expect the ANC to act very fast on this matter.Meokgo Matuba, ANC Women's League secretary general
We expect leaders of the African National Congress to lead by example and discipline whoever violates women's rights within our organisation.Meokgo Matuba, ANC Women's League secretary general
We think that the African National Congress in the meantime, must appoint someone. Let him be relieved of his duties and begin to deal with this matter in a proper organisational way.Meokgo Matuba, ANC Women's League secretary general
Click on the link below to hear more from Matuba....
Zimbabwe government spokesman Nick Mangwana denies that there are human rights violations happening in that country.Read More
In his "From The Desk of the President" column, Cyril Ramaphosa unpacks a number of commitments made under Generation Equality.Read More
Former president Jacob Zuma said on his official Twitter account that he “unconditionally withdraws” the allegation.Read More
The president said in his Women's Day speech there are efforts to give women access to productive assets such as land.Read More
Mlamleli was ousted during a special council meeting on Friday night through a motion of no confidence brought by the Freedom Front Plus.Read More
The Desmond & Leah Tutu Legacy Foundation says the fact that SA's coronavirus defences have been looted is not a big surprise.Read More
Mamabolo has admitted that last month his interview with Ngoako Malatji deteriorated, leading to him to utter profanities unbefitting of a public representative.Read More
Following a cabinet meeting, Winde said that the province had sufficient health capability to manage COVID-19 patients.Read More
Last year, the former president tweeted that former tourism minister Derek Hanekom was "a known enemy agent".Read More
According to the Presidency, John Nkadimeng passed away on 6 August 2020 at the age of 93.Read More