The former Vodacom employee who came up with the concept behind the widely-used ‘Please Call Me’ phone service, has rejected the mobile operator’s claims that a settlement agreement had been reached between the company and himself.
Kenneth Nkosana Makate says Vodacom's CEO did not make him an offer. Instead, the CEO came to a determination last Wednesday.
He says the CEO made his own ruling that goes with that determination.
We are currently studying that and exploring our options as to where we will go.— Kenneth Makate, Please call Me inventor
One thing that must be clear is that we were never left at the mercy of the CEO by the court. The judgment was very clear as to what needed to be done and we now need to assess whether it was done properly.— Kenneth Makate, Please call Me inventor
It is disgusting and insulting, very disrespectful in the context of what we are given here and I am sticking by my word.— Kenneth Makate, Please call Me inventor
To hear the rest of the conversation with Kenneth Makate, listen below:
This article first appeared on CapeTalk : 'Please call me' inventor calls Vodacom 'disgusting, insulting, disrespectful'