ANC spokesperson Pule Mabe is free to go back to his post after he was cleared of sexual harassment allegations made against him by his personal assistant.
Following an internal investigation, the party released a statement on Monday concluding it found no evidence to support her claims.
Mabe was placed on special leave last year after the 26-year-old accused Mabe of pressuring her to have sex in exchange for a job.
ANC NEC member Sdumo Dlamini says the party's grievance panel listened to evidence brought forward and found there was nothing to corroborate her claims.
The complainant had ample time to bring in witnesses and evidence as well as cross-examine those brought in by the respondent and indeed we came to that conclusion that there was no evidence of sexual harassment.— Sdumo Dlamini, NEC member - ANC
Mabe's personal assistant claimed that he visited her hotel room late at night and sat on her bed.
However, Dlamini says there was no evidence which proved that the two were in a hotel room alone together.
There was no evidence of the two being in one room together with no other person. On all the occasions there were other people in the room.— Sdumo Dlamini, NEC member - ANC
The complainant did not show any evidence of the two being in the room together alone. She did not say they were ever alone in the room to corroborate evidence of sexual harassment.— Sdumo Dlamini, NEC member - ANC
The panel has made a recommendation and concluded that no ANC work will be done in a private room.
To hear the rest of the conversation, listen below: