Eusebius McKaiser 702 Gradient Eusebius McKaiser 702 Gradient

27 February 2019 8:52 PM
Democratic Alliance DA
John Moodey
Sicelo Xulu
SAIEE
SA Institute of Electrical Engineers
The newly appointed CEO of the SAIEE responds to corruption claims made against him by the Democratic Alliance.

Newly appointed CEO of the SA Institute of Electrical Engineers (SAIEE) Sicelo Xulu has responded to a call by the Democratic Alliance to have him axed.

In a statement to The Citizen on Monday, the party said it was dismayed by Xulu's appointment to the SAIEE, insisting that he has been tainted by allegations of mismanagement and corruption during his tenure as the managing director of City Power.

Xulu stepped down from his position at the utility in 2017.

DA Gauteng leader, John Moodey claims that Xulu was removed from his position following the conclusion of a forensic report into widespread corruption and mismanagement allegedly costing the public billions.

Xulu has hit back at these claims in an interview with Karima Brown. In the interview Xulu provides documents he says absolve him of any wrong doing.

If you look at that Sizwe Ngaluba Ntsaluba Gobodo report, page 92 and 93 deal specifically with the smart meters and again there, you will not find my name because there was no wrongdoing that was found. I am talking about reports that are there, that exist having been done independently by professionals. I fail to understand why there is this camapaign to vilify and malign my name as a I continue as a professional.

Sicelo Xulu, CEO - SAIEE

Around the statement they have made around Hopfield substation and Eldorado Park, there is again a report - this report was conducted by Grant Thorton, dated 8 September 2017. If you look at the summary of findings, you will not find my name there... because I was not involved in any form or shape of corruption.

Sicelo Xulu, CEO - SAIEE

He has also dismissed claims that he is former President Jacob Zuma's newphew.

I want to state it clearly, I have no relations with the former president of this country. There is no blood relation. I studied very hard to be where I am and to skill myself to be where I am, under very difficult conditions.

Sicelo Xulu, CEO - SAIEE

Clearly it is political. I don't understand, I am just a purely technical person. Clearly they have got an issue and I don't know what it is.

Sicelo Xulu, CEO - SAIEE

Xulu says he has briefed his attorney on the matter and will pursue legal action in the form of defamation.

I have briefed my attorney and they are busy preparing papers for defamation against Mr Moodey, Mr Mahsaba and I am considering going for the entire City Power board because they are being complicit, they know the truth but they are quiet about it. I am waiting for the papers, they have been drafted.

Sicelo Xulu, CEO - SAIEE

The Karima Brown Show was unable to reach the DA's John Moodey for a response.

Click on the link below to hear the full interview...

27 February 2019 8:52 PM
Democratic Alliance DA
John Moodey
Sicelo Xulu
SAIEE
SA Institute of Electrical Engineers

More from Politics

surfers-corner-police-arrest-protester-muizenberg-image-murray-williamspng

Public urged to report police brutality on national service complaints centre

27 May 2020 7:59 AM

Police national spokesperson Brigadier Vish Naidoo they will deal directly with matters where police committed a crime.

190211crossjpg

'Even though 50 is low, the church can compromise, virus is spiritual warfare'

27 May 2020 7:33 AM

God's Church Must Rise chairperson Bishop Bheki Ngcobo says the church should have been deemed an essential service at Level 5.

mbali

DA MPL Mbali Ntuli voices concerns over proposed virtual congress

26 May 2020 1:31 PM

Ntuli's campaign spokesperson Sam Mgobozi has confirmed that she has written to the party's public representatives.

200416 Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma

Dlamini-Zuma briefs NCOP on government's response on COVID-19

26 May 2020 1:01 PM

EWN parliamentary correspondent Babalo Ndenze gives an update of the briefing by Cogta Minister Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma.

200504-fikile-mbalula-edjpg

I won't allow anybody to converge illegally and transmit COVID-19 - Mbalula

26 May 2020 11:32 AM

Transport Minister Fikile Mbalula gives the state of readiness of his department as the country moves to lockdown Level 3.

empty-school-desk-chair-classroom-grade-learning-education-teaching-pupils-123rf

Motshekga's persistence to open schools shows intent to commit genocide - Eusa

26 May 2020 8:09 AM

Spokesperson Kabelo Mahlobogwane says they wont allow the minister to use pupils and teachers to test the strength of COVID-19.

Cyril Ramaphosa

'There has been some bizarre lockdown decisions, slow response on social relief'

25 May 2020 9:21 AM

Political analyst Lukhona Mnguni looks at the announcement of moving to Level 3 and the politics around the lockdown.

president-cyril-ramaphosa-24-maypng

Level 3 from 1 June: Exercise hours relaxed, alcohol ban lifted, but no ciggies

24 May 2020 8:17 PM

President Cyril Ramaphosa announced in an address to the nation that SA will move down to Level 3 lockdown from 1 June.

200330-ramaphosa-edjpg

[WATCH] President Cyril Ramaphosa addresses an anxious nation

24 May 2020 5:00 PM

The President has delivered a lockdown update - listen to his explanation of the move to Level 3 from 1 June.

classroom covid-19 coronavirus mask school

Natu teachers 'not returning' to school on Monday: 'We can't gamble with lives'

24 May 2020 1:12 PM

A survey by teacher unions shows that 92% of SA's schools are not ready and safe to re-open says Natu's Cynthia Barnes.