Another Golden Arrow setback as passenger killed during robbery in Cape Town
A Golden Arrow bus has been robbed, and the incident resulted in a fatality.
Police say a man was shot dead on a Golden Arrow Bus in Khayelitsha during a robbery.
Eyewitness News reports that three suspects boarded the bus in Lawulo Road and threatened passengers with a firearm.
The company has suffered more than 20 robberies on its buses in the past seven months.
We are looking to see what can be done to mitigate the continuation of the scourge of robberies on our busses.John Dammert, Corporate development manager - Golden Arrow
It would appear that there is a pattern along the routes emanating from Khayelitsha and Mitchells Plain, but it is not isolated to that.John Dammert, Corporate development manager - Golden Arrow
It is normally done off-peak when there aren't many passengers on the buses.John Dammert, Corporate development manager - Golden Arrow
Dammert says they are working on measures to curb the attacks.
Listen to the full interview below...
This article first appeared on CapeTalk : Another Golden Arrow setback as passenger killed during robbery in Cape Town
PayGas CEO Philippe Hoeblich says it is ideal to operate from petrol filling stations as they are within a walking distance.Read More
Given the national lockdown restrictions on public gatherings, this year’s national day has been televised and celebrated virtually with president Ramaphosa delivering his address remotely.Read More
Mlamleli was ousted during a special council meeting on Friday night through a motion of no confidence brought by the Freedom Front Plus.Read More
Today marks 64 years since the heroic 1956 Women’s March to the Union Buildings against draconian pass laws and their impact on women.Read More
There were 36,607 new tests conducted. The number of tests conducted to date is 3.220,265 with 535,188 confirmed cases.Read More
According to a statement from his family, the 91-year-old veteran politician is currently self-isolating at home and remains asymptomatic.Read More
National Consumer Commission director of prosecutions Joseph Selolo says you can't be naive or claim to be duped.Read More
Baroka and Bloem Celtic will be part of South African football history when they play the first professional game of football in the country since the COVID-19 lockdown began.Read More
Mamabolo has admitted that last month his interview with Ngoako Malatji deteriorated, leading to him to utter profanities unbefitting of a public representative.Read More
Following a cabinet meeting, Winde said that the province had sufficient health capability to manage COVID-19 patients.Read More