Streaming issues? Report here
money-show-thumbnailjpg money-show-thumbnailjpg
The Money Show with Bruce Whitfield
18:00 - 20:00
volume_up
volume_mute

Up Next: The Aubrey Masango Show
See full line-up
The Money Show with Bruce Whitfield
18:00 - 20:00
Home
arrow_forward
Politics

Speed at which Duduzane Zuma was travelling brought into question

16 May 2019 5:48 PM
Tags:
Duduzane Zuma
Duduzane Zuma car crash inquest
Duduzane Zuma car crash

The culpable homicide case against former president Jacob Zuma’s son resumed at the Randburg Magistrates Court on Thursday.

The culpable homicide case against former president Jacob Zuma’s son, Duduzane, resumed at the Randburg Magistrates court on Thursday where questions have been raised over discrepancies in his statements over the speed he had been travelling at.

He faces one count of culpable homicide in connection with a car crash back in 2014 in Sandton.

He is accused of negligently causing the death of Phumzile Dube.

Eyewitness News reporter Nthakoana Ngatane was in court. She says the state prosecutor in the case was critical of evidence brought forward in relation to the speed at which Zuma was driving.

Yesterday when he started his evidence and concluded it today, he did indicate that as far as he estimated, he thought he was driving around 90km/h to 100km/h when the crash actually occurred.

Nthakoana Ngatane, Reporter - EWN

When he was cross-examined again today, the state prosecutor presented a statement that Duduzane presented to the inquest that was held before the trial. He said at the time that he was driving at 70km/h.

Nthakoana Ngatane, Reporter - EWN

Closing argument is scheduled for the 20th of June.

Click on the link below to hear the full report...




16 May 2019 5:48 PM
Tags:
Duduzane Zuma
Duduzane Zuma car crash inquest
Duduzane Zuma car crash

More from Politics