Temp 702 logo 1000 x 1000 2020 Temp 702 logo 1000 x 1000 2020
Best of 702

Up Next: Early Breakfast with Africa Melane
Best of 702
Lifestyle
fiber_manual_record
Entertainment

Judith Sephuma shares her journey of self-rediscovery and performs new music

17 May 2019 3:52 PM
Judith Sephuma
Power of Dreams

The jazz artist joined Azania Mosake for this week's #702Unplugged and #FridayProfile.

After a two-year break of self-rediscovery, afro-jazz artist Judith Sephuma is back with a new album.

Her seventh album _Power of Dreams was _launched earlier this month.

She joined Azania Mosaka in studio for this week's #702Unplugged and #FridayProfile.

Speaking on her journey, Sephuma says she decided to take time off because she was not fulfilled by her performances and wanted a challenge.

I wanted to take a two-year break from being hard on me, pressurising myself, pleasing other people and forgetting about me. It got to a point where I was doing gigs to get that money... I hated that space that I was in. I felt like I wanted something more challenging than what I was getting.

Judith Sephuma, Afro-jazz artist

I was not getting fulfilled by the performances, the songs are solid but I wanted more. I wanted some excitement and wanted to feel the love that I felt when the songs were written and first played on radio. Something had changed and I got concerned.

Judith Sephuma, Afro-jazz artist

WATCH: Judith Spehuma performs music from her new album Power of Dreams

My travelling going to London and the US opened up my mind so much because I met so many great people. I din't want anything familiar.

Judith Sephuma, Afro-jazz artist

This time it is even better because I got myself to fall in love with me.

Judith Sephuma, Afro-jazz artist

Click on the link below to hear the profile interview and the audio version of unplugged...

17 May 2019 3:52 PM
Judith Sephuma
Power of Dreams

More from Lifestyle

If interest rate remains stable, 2021 to bring more surprises in property market

19 January 2021 8:19 PM

Despite the pandemic, 2020 saw a rally in residential property sales. Andrew Golding examines the trends expected in 2021.

Top universities offering 1,500 free courses online. Grab the opportunity!

19 January 2021 7:50 PM

Harvard, Oxford, MIT... We need to take responsibility for keeping ourselves on the cutting edge, says futurist Graeme Codrington.

There's (still) a hippo on the loose in Fourways! Here's what you need to know

19 January 2021 2:27 PM

It seems that it's much easier to get a quote from Hippo.co.za than to find an actual hippo on the loose in Fourways!

6 trends that will drag us along in 2021 – life will never be the same again

18 January 2021 7:18 PM

The future is now different. The Money Show’s Bruce Whitfield interviews trends analyst Dion Chang, the founder of Flux Trends.

Enjoy the 702 Soundtracks Of My Life

18 January 2021 10:24 AM

Spotify has a soundtrack playlist for you, tailored by your favourite newsmakers for you to indulge in.

Economy in 2021: 'Expect a better year for South African assets'

15 January 2021 3:02 PM

An economist expects China growth at 9.5%, US money-printing, rising metal prices and trade- and current-account surpluses in SA.

Formal rape case opened against DJ Fresh and Euphonik

15 January 2021 2:33 PM

Earlier this week, a woman took to Twitter, accusing DJ Fresh and Euphonik of drugging and raping her in 2011.

Retirement funds in SA are changing – new laws come into effect on 1 March 2021

15 January 2021 1:23 PM

Bruce Whitfield asks personal finance advisor Warren Ingram to explain in detail the new laws affecting provident funds.

Don't fall for promises of high returns from latest investment scam, warns FSCA

14 January 2021 8:19 PM

A new scam is surfacing on Facebook and WhatsApp groups. The masterminds are even using the FSP number of a legitimate company.

Telegram now counts 500m active users. 'People are rebelling against Facebook!'

13 January 2021 9:03 PM

The new privacy policy being implemented by WhatsApp's parent company is the straw that broke the consumer's back - Toby Shapshak

More from Entertainment

There's (still) a hippo on the loose in Fourways! Here's what you need to know

19 January 2021 2:27 PM

Saftas to recognise YouTube, Instagram and Facebook content producers

19 January 2021 1:50 PM

Project coordinator Stacey Takane says their guidelines are restricting for content without an actual official broadcaster.

'Wandi Nzimande had the skill to tell great stories', says Bathu founder Theo

14 January 2021 1:58 PM

Founder of Bathu Shoes Theo Baloyi pays tribute the late Wandi Nzimande who passed away on Wednesday.

SAMA27 unbundles amaPiano, Gqom and Kwaito genre

13 January 2021 2:27 PM

SAMA27 spokesperson Lesley Mofokeng explains why it was time to split the group.

She was a natural, people related to her characters - Lindiwe Ndlovu's brother

12 January 2021 10:17 AM

Dumisani Msimang, Lindiwe Ndlovu's brother, says she was fine and they spoke to her on Sunday.

SA actress Lindiwe Ndlovu passes away

11 January 2021 8:10 PM

She was one of the most incredible performers and a SAFTA-winning actress.

Gospel star Israel Mosehla passes away

11 January 2021 8:40 AM

Details surrounding the star's death are yet to be released. He was 50 years old at the time of his passing.

I just can't believe I have a COVID-19 vaccine denialist in my midst - Comedian

8 January 2021 2:01 PM

Actor and writer Nina Hastie says she wishes she can say in August 2021: 'I told you we can have faith in SA government.'

Amapiano is joint effort by artists contributing different sounds - Mr JazziQ

6 January 2021 6:11 PM

Mr JazziQ, a member of the DJ duo called JazziDisciples, says seeing the reaction to the music style is quite amazing.

Is going vegan on your resolutions list? Here's every grain of info you need

4 January 2021 9:19 AM

Andy Leve presents some compelling reasons why the vegan way of life is not only good for your body but, for the planet too.