Search continues for the third man after boat capsizes near Simon's Town
A statement from the National Sea Rescue Institute confirms that a man has died while another man is transported to a hospital after their boat capsized offshore of Simon's Town.
Spokesperson Craig Lambinon says police have opened an inquest docket while the search continues for a third man who is still missing.
The search is ongoing and no sign of the man can be found at this stage and the police dive unit has been alerted.Craig Lambinon, Spokesperson - NSRI
NSRI Simon's Town and Kommetjie are continuing in an effort to recover the capsized boat that remains adrift at sea.Craig Lambinon, Spokesperson - NSRI
In other news, the NSRI head of drowning prevention, Andrew Ingram, says the pink rescue buoys pioneered in South Africa are now being tested in Australia.
He says the pink rescue buoys have since saved 43 lives in South Africa who were in danger of drowning over the past two years.
Surf Life Saving New South Wales has started a trial on rescue floatation equipment designed to assist members of the public in the event that they attempt to rescue someone from the water.Andrew Ingram, Head of drowning prevention - NSRI
This trial will form part of the research into the perception, motivation and mechanism of bystander rescue.Andrew Ingram, Head of drowning prevention - NSRI
To hear the rest o the conversation, listen below:
PayGas CEO Philippe Hoeblich says it is ideal to operate from petrol filling stations as they are within a walking distance.Read More
Given the national lockdown restrictions on public gatherings, this year’s national day has been televised and celebrated virtually with president Ramaphosa delivering his address remotely.Read More
Mlamleli was ousted during a special council meeting on Friday night through a motion of no confidence brought by the Freedom Front Plus.Read More
Today marks 64 years since the heroic 1956 Women’s March to the Union Buildings against draconian pass laws and their impact on women.Read More
There were 36,607 new tests conducted. The number of tests conducted to date is 3.220,265 with 535,188 confirmed cases.Read More
According to a statement from his family, the 91-year-old veteran politician is currently self-isolating at home and remains asymptomatic.Read More
National Consumer Commission director of prosecutions Joseph Selolo says you can't be naive or claim to be duped.Read More
Baroka and Bloem Celtic will be part of South African football history when they play the first professional game of football in the country since the COVID-19 lockdown began.Read More
Mamabolo has admitted that last month his interview with Ngoako Malatji deteriorated, leading to him to utter profanities unbefitting of a public representative.Read More
Following a cabinet meeting, Winde said that the province had sufficient health capability to manage COVID-19 patients.Read More