#ZondoCommission: Zuma disputes Mentor and Maseko's testimonies
Former president Jacob Zuma has told the Zondo commission that he and his family have received fresh death threats and has disputed the testimonies of former Government Communication Information System CEO Themba Maseko and former ANC MP Vytjie Mentor.
The former president continued his testimony in Parktown on Tuesday.
Zuma says his personal assistant at Luthuli House received a call on Monday from an individual threatening to kill him, his children and everyone associated with him.
Eyewitness News reporter Clement Manyathela has more.
The deputy chief justice indicated that the commission would investigate these death threats and, unfortunately, they said they can't really do much in terms of increasing his security because he is one of the most protected people in the country so the state capture commission wouldn't have the resources to make sure he is protected beyond the protection he currently has now.Clement Manyathela, EWN reporter
Zuma also said he had no recollection of interactions with the Maseko over the government's advertising budget.
Maseko told the commission last year that Zuma called him and asked him to help the Guptas secure R600m of government advertising for their media houses.
On that issue the president says 'I don't remember making this call' but he does admit that he may or may have not done so.Clement Manyathela, Reporter - EWN
The former president has also denied accusations that he discussed Cabinet plans with the Gupta family.
What the former president said is that there are so many people that use his name to try and get ahead and he is saying maybe that is exactly what the Guptas were doing.Clement Manyathela, Reporter - EWN
Zuma has also denied he was with Mentor at the Guptas' Saxonworld home when one of the brothers allegedly offered her a ministerial job.
Click on the link below to hear the full report...
Mlamleli was ousted during a special council meeting on Friday night through a motion of no confidence brought by the Freedom Front Plus.Read More
The Desmond & Leah Tutu Legacy Foundation says the fact that SA's coronavirus defences have been looted is not a big surprise.Read More
Mamabolo has admitted that last month his interview with Ngoako Malatji deteriorated, leading to him to utter profanities unbefitting of a public representative.Read More
Following a cabinet meeting, Winde said that the province had sufficient health capability to manage COVID-19 patients.Read More
Last year, the former president tweeted that former tourism minister Derek Hanekom was "a known enemy agent".Read More
According to the Presidency, John Nkadimeng passed away on 6 August 2020 at the age of 93.Read More
Bruce Whitfield interviews Whitey Basson, who believes it's just not good enough for govt to say ban will be lifted but not when.Read More
The minister said the inter-ministerial committee, appointed by President Cyril Ramaphosa, was an entity with teeth that would act against those found to be looting from COVID-19 related projects.Read More
Minister of Justice and Correctional Services Ronald Lamola briefs media on the outcomes of the Cabinet Meeting of 5 August 2020.Read More
Naledi Pandor's spokesperson Lunga Ngqengelele says the minister has been in conversation with Zimbabwean officials on the matter.Read More