It's holiday season and house break-ins will be on the rise.
Although you can't ensure a 100% prevention of crime, MultiNet Home Loans CEO Shaun Rademeyer shares steps to make your house less vulnerable.
Criminals are very smart they do their research beforehand.— Shaun Rademeyer, CEO - MultiNet Home Loans
Access your property for any weaknesses.— Shaun Rademeyer, CEO - MultiNet Home Loans
1. Don't go and throw all the boxes of your new purchases in front of your home.
- Make sure you secure your home, make sure it looks like it is occupied.
- Ensure you have a timer on your light switches in one of two strategic areas.
- Find a house sitter, if you can't, find someone to come open windows or switch on the lights.
- Disconnect your intercom or your bells because they use that to see if you are home.
Listen to the full interview below...