Aubrey Masango 1500 x 1500 2020 Aubrey Masango 1500 x 1500 2020
The Aubrey Masango Show

The Aubrey Masango Show

[LISTEN] 'A single carrier is a risk to multiple sites - work, family, friends'

28 May 2020 3:36 PM
Coronavirus
COVID-19

Busisiwe Deyi shares how COVID-19 has affected her family after her sibling and mother contracted the virus from her father.

Earlier in the week Busisiwe Deyi took to Twitter to share how COVID-19 has affected her family after her sibling and mother contracted the virus from her now deceased father.

Writing about the impact of the outbreak Deyi warned social media users that "a single carrier is a risk to multiple sites".

She says her mother is now on a ventilator, fighting for her life.

My mom had been diagnosed with a type of cancer, so she had been in and out of hospital. When the lockdown was announced, I decided to come and spend the lockdown period with my partner and I would be able then to spend weekend with my mother. That is how I came out negative I guess, is because I wasn't living then in the house.

Busisiwe Deyi

Deyi says it is important for people to realise that this is a communal virus.

It is highly infectious and if you don't do the best to your ability and take extra precautions then you are potentially putting your whole family at risk.

Busisiwe Deyi

All it takes is one person. My brother was not going anywhere, my mother was not going anywhere and my dad was the person who seemed to refuse to abide by the lockdown rules.

Busisiwe Deyi

Click on the link below to hear the full story....

28 May 2020 3:36 PM
Coronavirus
COVID-19

mbuso-bamjpg

Youngster launches digital magazine during lockdown to help creatives

26 October 2020 4:35 PM

Mbuso Mbulelo Bam started founded ‘Creative Nation‘ to educate the youth on the creative process and how to apply it.

201014 Agrizzi2

People forget Mr Agrizzi has given assistance to state capture inquiry - Lawyer

26 October 2020 4:31 PM

Former Bosasa chief operating officer Angelo Agrizzi’s lawyers are adamant that their client is not a flight risk.

Cricket South Africa CSA 123rf 123rfsport

CSA board quits ... well, not yet as three directors retract their resignations

26 October 2020 2:20 PM

Writer Telford Vice says the three who had apparently resigned will stay on board until an interim structure has been appointed.

senzo-meyiwajpg

Five suspects arrested in connection with Senzo Meyiwa murder case

26 October 2020 1:43 PM

News24 Reporter Sipho Masondo said the investigators were worried about why the NPA was not making an announcement.

Senekal

Nightclubs not allowed to operate under Level 1, let alone the curfew - Cele

26 October 2020 11:56 AM

The police minister says citizens should be more responsible when it comes to COVID-19 regulations and bust operations will intensify.

Law

Government ropes in retired judges to deal with backlog of cases

23 October 2020 5:03 PM

Department of Public Service and Administration Director-General Yoliswa Makhasi says they have a had good response.

aisha-pandorjpg

I've always been a hard worker, to my detriment. I must balance - Aisha Pandor

23 October 2020 3:49 PM

Sweepsouth cofounder Aisha Pando shares her experience with failure and the lessons gained out of that.

normagigaba_1405

Norma Mngoma warned against contacting witnesses in case against Malusi Gigaba

23 October 2020 2:39 PM

Case of Norma Mngoma, estranged wife of former Cabinet minister Malusi Gigaba, has been postponed till next year February.

201021 Bushiri ECG6

ECG supporters chant songs in support outside court for Bushiri bail hearing

23 October 2020 12:56 PM

Eyewitness News reporter Edwin Ntshidi gives us an update on the church leader and his wife bail hearing case.

Meat

Clement misses crucial cooking step but LesDaChef gives him a resounding nod

23 October 2020 12:54 PM

Celebrity chef Lesego Semenya is impressed with Clement's steak and his presentation in the kitchen despite a step being missed.