Students across South Africa have called for a national shutdown of the country’s tertiary institutions.
Several South African universities have been brought to a standstill over student protests on rising tuition fees.
On Wednesday, the #FeesMustFall movement embarked on a #NationalShutdown, documenting various campus protests on Twitter.
Protesting students at the University of the Witwatersrand have gathered in front of the Constitutional Court.
Meanwhile, students from the University of Cape Town (UCT) and Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT) have converged outside of Parliament.
Several members of the Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) were ejected from national assembly for chanting "fees must fall" ahead of Finance Minister Nhlanhla Nene's second mid-term budget speech.
Below is a collection of the latest video coverage of the demonstrations sweeping the country.
Note: This footage is crowd-sourced and may contain strong language.#FeesMustFall
According to EWN, the following universities have been affected by the #NationalShutDown:
- University of Free State (UFS: #UFSFeesMustFall)
- University of Limpopo (UL: #ULFeesMustFall)
- University of Fort Hare (#FortHareFeesMustFall)
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU: #NMMUFeesMustFall)
- University of the Witwatersrand (Wits: #WitsFeesMustFall)
- University of Cape Town (UCT: #UCTFeesMustFall)
- Eastcape Midlands College in Grahamstown
- The University currently known as Rhodes (referred to as RU: #RhodesFeesMustFall)
- Central University of Technology (CUT: #CUTFeesMustFall)
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT: #CPUTFeesMustFall)
- University of Western Cape (UWC: #UWCFeesMustFall)
- All 11 Agricultural Colleges in South Africa
- Walter Sisulu University (Buffalo City Campus and Umtata Campus) ( known as WSU: #WSUFeesMustFall)
- Tshwane University of Technology (TUT: #TUTFeesMustFall)
- University of Pretoria (UP, also referred to as Tuks: #UPFeesMustFall)
- North West University (Potchefstroom campus) (NWU: #NWUFeesMustFall)
- University of Stellenbosch (also referred to as Stellies or Maties: #StelliesFeesMustFall)
Listen to the various on-air conversations surrounding the #FeesMustFall protests below: