- Chef Connie needs no introduction. So in honour of Heritage Day, Chef Connie will celebrate a different South African culture daily and link it to a popular traditional Beef recipe.
- From Monday to Friday, a pre-recorded clip featuring Chef Connie will describe a particular South African culture, and implore listeners to call in to identify a traditional beef recipe from that culture to win.
Two listeners are taken to air. Bongani identifies the culture in the clip, and proceeds to slowly read a list of ingredients and the preparation thereof for a traditional beef recipe. For example:
- Venda culture – Tshisevho (dried meat and peanut stew).
- Cape Malay culture – Gheema (Beef curry) or Beef Bobotie.
- Afrikaans culture – Potjiekos.
- isiZulu culture – Isitambu (samp and beans) and beef.
The two listeners have to jump in and identify the traditional dish at any point of the recipe description. Whoever answers first wins the R3 000 courtesy of Karan Beef.
Make sure your delectable Heritage Day feast looks and tastes scrumptious with Karan Beef. No matter what heritage inspired dish you choose, when you select home-grown, Class A Karan Beef, your culinary delight should please the most discerning taste buds!
Here are some tips to help you find mouth-watering cuts of proudly South African Karan Beef:
- Look for the red and blue label in store.
- Go to www.karanbeef.com for Karan Beef stockists.
- Demand Karan Beef by name.
Karan Beef. Now quality has a name!
P.S. Download the Beef Easy app. served by Karan Beef for delicious recipes at your fingertips.
View Terms & Conditions
- This competition runs on 702 with on-air winning moments from 17 to 21 September 2018 on the Morning drive show.
- From Monday to Friday, a pre-recorded clip featuring Chef Connie will describe a particular South African culture.
- To participate listeners must call 011 883 0702 when prompted by the presenter from 17 to 21 September 2018 daily.
- Two listeners are taken to air. The presenter identifies the culture in the clip, and proceeds to slowly read a list of ingredients and the preparation thereof for a traditional beef recipe.
- The two listeners must identify the traditional dish at any point of the recipe description. Whoever answers first wins the R3 000 courtesy of Karan Beef.
- The judges’ decision is final, and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize is not negotiable, not transferrable, and cannot be exchanged.
- 702 and Karan Beef will not be held liable for entries not received for any reason whatsoever, and will not be responsible for network connectivity or hardware issues experienced while participating.
- A participant will not be able to win this competition if they have won a prize on 702 within the past 90 days, whether on-air, online or via any of the station’s social platforms.
- If a winner chosen does not comply, their entry will be disqualified, and a new winner will be randomly selected.
- In the event that a winner cannot be successfully contacted, is ineligible to accept the prize, or contravenes the terms and conditions of this competition or of 702 and Karan Beef, the prize will be forfeit.
- Primedia Broadcasting will notify the winner when the EFT will take place, based on the receipt of requested documentation.
- 702 reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice.
- Any changes to the competition will be notified to participants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- Employees of Karan Beef, Primedia Broadcasting and their immediate family and friends, are not permitted to enter the competition.
- By entering this competition, a participant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- All queries can be sent to email@example.com
- All other standard terms and conditions apply.