Motsoeneng and SABC ordered to pay SABC 8's legal costs
Axed SABC COO Haludi Motsoeneng, former head of news Simon Tebele and the public broadcaster have been ordered to each pay a portion of the legal costs for the wrongful dismissal of the so called SABC 8.
The labor court handed down judgment on Friday morning.
Eyewitness News reporter Kgomotsho Modise says both parties have to pay unions Solidarity and Bemawu which represented the dismissed journalists.
Solidarity has made it clear this afternoon that they will be knocking on Mr Hlaudi Motsoeneng's door first as they believe he is the key role player in this.Kgomotsho Modise, EWN reporter
Mr Motsoeneng also made it very clear that he will be appealing, he says he was not part of the group that dismissed the SABC 8...Kgomotsho Modise, EWN reporter
Click on the link below to listen to the full audio....
South Africa is now among the top 10 countries with the most COVID-19 cases. At least 264,184 positive cases were reported in the country with 3,971 deaths.Read More
Johannesburg continues to be the epicentre with more deaths and infections than anywhere else in the province.Read More
The number of national recoveries so far is 127,715. The total number of tests conducted to date is 2.108,570.Read More
The state-owned power utility said stage 2 load shedding will resume at 8 am on Sunday until 10 pm.Read More
This after a crowd of congregants were ordered to disperse.Read More
An intelligence-driven operation conducted this week, led police to a house in Phuku Street.Read More
In a tweet late on Friday night, the Presidency confirmed accommodation for leisure is open for travel within provinces was allowed.Read More
Eskom is implementing stage two load shedding for a second day, while technicians work to bring generating units back online.Read More
It’s alleged ongoing conflict to succeed the leader of the church in Zuurbekom turned bloody when congregates allegedly attacked people who were inside, indicating that they were coming to take over the premises.Read More
Gauteng Education MEC Panyaza Lesufi shared an update on the impact of the outbreak on his department on Friday.Read More