Refiloe Mpakanyane 1500 x 1500 2020 Refiloe Mpakanyane 1500 x 1500 2020
Weekend Breakfast with Refiloe Mpakanyane

Up Next: 702 Music with Kenny Maistry
Weekend Breakfast with Refiloe Mpakanyane

The milk powder I buy now is not the same as that of my childhood, says caller

6 December 2019 12:37 PM
Brand loyalty
Brands
childhood brands

Africa Melane on the Eusebius McKaiser Show and listeners reflect on famous brands that bring back childhood memories.

Different brands have played an integral role in many people's lives.

What relationship kind of relationship do people have with famous brands such as Coke and Pepsi?

What childhood memories do these brand evoke in people?

RELATED: Understanding why brands sponsor a certain event or give it a miss

Africa Melane on the Eusebius McKaiser Show engages callers as they reflect on how brand loyalty has played an integral role in society.

The is a store by where I live that has started storing the soft drink Seven-Up that I used to love as a child. After tasting this particular soft drink I hadn't tasted in years and I loved it.

Africa Melane, Presenter

Melane says other brands remind him of how he didn't grow up in a wealthy family.

Janet, a caller, says milk bottles remind her of her childhood.

My twin brother and I used to go with a bucket to the dairy shop to buy nice fresh milk at the shop. That brought a very nice memory to me.

Janet, Caller

Carol, another caller, says her favourite brand was Lactogen Baby Powder.

To this day, I look at the Lactogen and I've bought it, but it is not the same.

Carol, Caller

Listen below to the full conversation:

6 December 2019 12:37 PM
Brand loyalty
Brands
childhood brands

[LISTEN] No one is immune from developing epilepsy - Dr Fundile Nyati

27 February 2021 9:11 AM

Proactive Health Solutions Dr Fundile Nyati says Epilepsy has a lot of stigmas attached to it and little awareness.

Rand Water to cut water for 30-hours for Joburg residents

27 February 2021 6:58 AM

Joburg Water communications officer Eleanor Mavimbela says this is a planned shutdown, water tankers will be roaming the streets.

South Africa records 1,654 new Covid-19 cases

27 February 2021 6:36 AM

The Health Department says the total number of vaccines administered is 63, 648 since the beginning of the vaccine rollout.

We got complaints that manual system was not working because of corruption - MEC

26 February 2021 7:41 PM

Gauteng Roads and Transport MEC Jacob Mamabolo asks for three months to deal with licensing problems, corruption and collusion.

He's not above the law – Ramaphosa comments on Zuma's ConCourt defiance

26 February 2021 5:15 PM

He said no one was above the law, including former President Jacob Zuma, who has defied a Constitutional Court order by refusing to appear before the Zondo commission.

Relief funds are not for running ECDs - Minister Lindiwe Zulu

26 February 2021 4:15 PM

Social Development Minister Lindiwe Zulu gives an update on the relief funds for early childhood development centres.

I didn't have failure, I had setbacks - Mbhazima Shilowa

26 February 2021 3:35 PM

Former Gauteng premier Mbhazima Shilowa talks about failure and the setback he has faced. #UpsideOfFailure.

WATCH LIVE: Ramaphosa in a Q&A session with Sanef

26 February 2021 2:32 PM

The engagement is part of the president’s ongoing dialogue with different sectors of society.

Weather update: Severe storm and hail reported across SA

26 February 2021 1:55 PM

The South African Weather Services has issued a severe warning for severe thunderstorms in most parts of Gauteng, Mpumalanga.

'Is racism okay if you are a seasoned journalist and under pressure?'

26 February 2021 1:45 PM

Not In My Name secretary-general Themba Masango says eNCA and reporter Lindsay Dentlinger must account for 'this violent act'.