Bongani Bingwa 702 Gradient Bongani Bingwa 702 Gradient
Breakfast with Bongani Bingwa

Up Next: The Clement Manyathela Show
Breakfast with Bongani Bingwa
Entertainment

[WATCH] James Deacon on the setbacks he has had to overcome and living his dream

3 July 2020 3:41 PM
James Deacon
james deacon music

The musician recently released his second EP 'Renegade'. He joined Azania Mosaka for this week's 702 Unplugged.

The music industry as with any industry comes with its challenges , says musician James Deacon.

The artist who has overcome some of his own setbacks - from a work related accident to vocal cord surgery - joined Azania Mosaka for this week's 702 Unplugged to share his story and more about his second EP 'Renegade'.

There have been a couple of setbacks - medical setbacks, financial setbacks, any setback you can think of.

James Deacon, Musician

The music industry as with any industry is always difficult, especially when you are chasing a dream. Often you have to just convince yourself the dream is worth it. All these things that I have gone through to get me where I am now makes me a better songwriter and has made me a better person.

James Deacon, Musician

The biggest moment for me was, I was sitting in my girlfriend's room and I was just venting to her about how much I hated doing anything other than music .... I told her that and she said 'well what are you doing you idiot, you are great, you are good enough, just do it'. And I at the time didn't think I was and I think I just needed her to say that.

James Deacon, Musician

Click on the link below for the audio version of the interview.....

3 July 2020 3:41 PM
James Deacon
james deacon music

More from Entertainment

2020-08-12 Woman uses paint roller to apply sunscreen

[WATCH] Woman using paint roller to apply sunscreen on back leaves us intrigued

12 August 2020 8:34 AM

Khabazela shares some of the videos that went viral on Twitter and Facebook.

2020-08-12 Mom reads dirty text

[WATCH] Mother reading dirty text from son's girlfriend leave us in stitches

12 August 2020 8:33 AM

Khabazela shares some of the videos that went viral on Twitter and Facebook.

200810bob2gif

Bob Mabena was generous in spirit and allowed everybody to shine - Penny Lebyane

11 August 2020 3:25 PM

Radio and TV personality Penny Lebyane remembers South African radio and television veteran Bob Mabena.

2020-08-11SouthAfricans take on influencer challenge

[WATCH] South Africans taking on the #InfluencerChallenge leaves us in stitches

11 August 2020 8:40 AM

Khabazela shares some of the videos that went viral on Twitter and Facebook.

200810bobgif

[WATCH] The late Bob Mabena's profound thoughts on life and death

11 August 2020 8:39 AM

Khabazela shares some of the videos that went viral on Twitter and Facebook.

rorisang-mothubajpg

Power dynamics make women vulnerable when filming intimate scene - Rori Motuba

10 August 2020 5:08 PM

Actress Rorisang Motuba says an intimacy coach must be brought on set to ensure everything that happens is mutually agreed on.

Ayanda Borotho

'I hate the term GBV, it's like we're romanticising what we're talking about'

10 August 2020 3:53 PM

Actress Ayanda Borotho and one of South Africa’s best-known broadcasters Kate Turkington discuss being a woman in South Africa.

joko-ya-haojpg

'Joko Ya Hao' inspired by the life and legacy of Winnie Madikizela-Mandela

7 August 2020 6:25 PM

Filmmaker and director Mmabatho Montsho says she chose 'people whose storytelling kind of matches mine'.

parenting-in-lockdownjpg

Pandemic parenting — hands on, hands-free and hands sanitised

7 August 2020 5:35 PM

Mandy Wiener and guests share advice around the challenges a lot of us are facing when it comes to parenting during lockdown.

img-4302jpg

[WATCH] Judith Sephuma shares what you can expect from her upcoming virtual show

7 August 2020 3:36 PM

The Jazz Unplugged Concert - a 66-minute on-demand live studio show - will be made available to ticket buyers from 8 August.