Our Nedbank Business Ignite winners want to do business with YOU!
The three winners of Nedbank Business Ignite 2020 have been announced. Nxatel, Greener Pastures Recycling and Mo's Crib will each receive a media and incubation package valued at R260 000!
It was a very difficult task for us… to choose a top 5. What’s next is a journey of how we get them to the next level – enabling them with the potential they have.Matsi Modise - Head Judge for Nedbank Business Ignite 2020
About the winners:
1. Michelle Mokone – Mo’s Cribs – A local basket manufacturing business
"We manufacture a host of homeware products, but we also have a textiles division - with a focus on sustainable materials!"— 702 (@Radio702) August 7, 2020
Michelle Mokone of Mo's Cribs -
one of our lucky winners of media in incubation in @Nedbank #BusinessIgnite 2020 - Congratulations!https://t.co/GPRJLlQlBr pic.twitter.com/iDcZIAUwX3
- Within a short space of launching their business they have gained great traction in a very saturated market and have set their sites for a very receptive overseas market.
- Currently distributing their product at Builders Warehouse and Mr Price. They have had some partnerships with Woolworths.
- Responsible sourcing and use of recycled material to produce their craft – green business.
2. Thabiso Hlongwane's Greener Pastures – A waste management business
- Young passionate entrepreneur who has been building this business for eight years since he left school (he is only 26)
- Well run business, that has gained market traction, slowly building a loyal consumer base
- Solving a huge problem in our society towards reducing the urban decay that we are faced with and also employs community youth in communities.
3. Nxatel – A cloud communication platform
“We have to be accountable for things that we do – we are trying to make people more aware of what they do with their waste”— 702 (@Radio702) August 7, 2020
Thabiso Hlongwane - another winner in @Nedbank #BusinessIgnite for waste management company Greener Pastures Recycling.https://t.co/GPRJLlQlBr pic.twitter.com/QvYi840Uvm
A business that has found a communication solution for individuals, and other businesses at efficient costs and at scale.
With own funding they have grown this business, acquired all the certification and industry communication* With all those achievements, they would do with more investments, guidance and strategic partnerships.
Listen below to the full reveal on air:
He's been named the best on the continent but this award-winning South African jewellery designer has his sights set on the world.Read More
Training programmes, on-air advertising and cash are all up for grabs in this year's competition.Read More
The jewellery manufacturer and retailer wins a tailor-made incubation package with growth-experts Kaello Business Hub.Read More