Temp 702 logo 1000 x 1000 2020 Temp 702 logo 1000 x 1000 2020

Best of 702
Politics

Julius and I are friends but we rarely discuss politics when together - Mbalula

25 February 2021 1:30 PM
Police Minister Fikile Mbalula
Small Business Development Minister Khumbudzo Ntshavheni

Minister Khumbudzo Ntshavheni says she is naturally a very jovial person but not as charismatic as Razzmatazz (Fikile).

Clement Manyathela spent an hour talking to Fikile Mbalula, Minister of Police and Acting Minister in the Presidency Khumbudzo Ntshavheni.

They tackled subjects such politics, fear of needles, friendship with Economic Freedom Fighters leader Julius Malema and criticism of the African National Congress.

My political opponents are not my enemies, my enemies are those who want to destroy my country. I don't like the Democratic Alliance and what it stands for but John Steenhuisen is not my enemy.

Fikile Mbalula, Minister - Transport

Julius Malema and I are friends, I can declare that he is my friend. We meet from time to time. We do engage but we rarely discuss politics when we are together. The friendship has been battered but it is still durable.

Fikile Mbalula, Minister - Transport

I am lucky that my life has been very private. Even my family is very private. Your energy cannot be determined by the amount of criticism you receive. I take criticism kindly unless it becomes abuse.

Khumbudzo Ntshavheni, Minister - Small Businesses Development, Acting Minister in the Presidency

On the accusation that she is always looking very serious, Ntshavheni says the opposite is true.

Actually, I am the last person to be serious. I am naturally a very jovial person but not as charismatic as Razzmatazz ([Mbalula).

Mbalula bemoaned the fact that he has previously defended things he shouldn't have and says the African National Congress (ANC) is not beyond criticism. He also touched on lessons learnt from the late ANC Youth league president Peter Mokaba.

Why does he block people on Twitter? Mbalula says now and then he goes on an unblocking spree.

The people I block are those who are rude.

Fikile Mbalula, Minister - Transport

Listen below for the full interview...

25 February 2021 1:30 PM
Police Minister Fikile Mbalula
Small Business Development Minister Khumbudzo Ntshavheni

More from Politics

NWU Business School creating index to measure SA's ability to fight corruption

21 April 2021 8:32 PM

The North-West University 's Prof. Jan van Romburgh explains the need for the index and how it would work.

NPA received a letter from Zuma's lawyers, but can't reveal what it says

21 April 2021 2:36 PM

The matter is expected to sit in the Pietermaritzburg High Court on 17 May.

Diko hits out at Gauteng ANC's 'false narrative' over PPE tender matter

21 April 2021 11:56 AM

Presidential spokesperson Khusela Diko, in a seven-page statement through her lawyers, said that she was not aware of any law enforcement agency that was investigating her or had found her guilty of unethical, unlawful or immoral conduct.

'Uncaptured': Whistle-blower on Trillian's role in underbelly of state capture

20 April 2021 7:49 PM

Those SOEs are now at Treasury with begging bowls because all the money is in Dubai! - Mosilo Mothepu discusses her tell-all book.

Prince Mashele: Tokyo Sexwale thrives at creating storms

20 April 2021 11:21 AM

Political analyst Prince Mashele says Tokyo Sexwale has presidential ambitions and wants his name to be sounded.

Bandile Masuku: Court ruling I was not involved in corruption, nepotism is big

19 April 2021 11:49 AM

Former Gauteng Health MEC Dr Bandile Masuku says he has been through the worst in the past eight months.

WC ANC wants suspended MEC Madikizela's conduct probed over CV matter

16 April 2021 6:31 AM

Premier Alan Winde on Thursday suspended Madikizela for 14 days, pending the outcome of a probe by the premier's office. The Democratic Alliance (DA) provincial leader listed a BComm degree on his CV, but has acknowledged that he never actually completed the qualification.

Poultry producer takes on govt, wins court order over poor service delivery

15 April 2021 7:50 PM

The situation in Lekwa Municipality is untenable, says Astral Foods CEO Chris Schutte. Govt has been ordered to intervene.

WC Premier Winde suspends MEC Madikizela over CV qualification claim

15 April 2021 11:47 AM

Western Cape Premier Alan Winde has suspended Transport MEC Bonginkosi Madikizela for claiming to have a BCom degree in his CV when he has admitted that he has not completed his degree.

No human being is an experiment - Helen Zille

15 April 2021 11:17 AM

The DA federal chair says she felt that Mmusi Maimane was the absolute right fit. She saw him as an alternative to Julius Malema.