Clement Manyethela 702 gradient Clement Manyethela 702 gradient
The Clement Manyathela Show

Up Next: The Midday Report with Mandy Wiener
The Clement Manyathela Show

[LISTEN] 87-year-old who overcame COVID-19 recounts her experience

19 May 2020 5:08 PM

Johannesburg based resident Pat Jones was in hospital for two weeks and has now recovered.

Johannesburg-based resident Pat Jones has shared the story of her recovery after contracting COVID-19 in March.

The 87-year-old says she had experienced flu-like symptoms when she got tested and was later hospitalised and admitted into the intensive care unit (ICU) for a week.

After the week I was in isolation again and in this four-bedded room all on my ow.n. Then I came home and I was very very weak, I was on oxygen for well over a week. Now I am not on oxygen at all.

Pat Jones

Now I do my exercises, I have got lung exercises and I go walking. I am fine now, I was tested the last Friday and I am negative.

Pat Jones

Click on the link below to hear more....

19 May 2020 5:08 PM

More from Information about Covid-19 coronavirus

coronavirus

UPDATE: 180,532 COVID-19 cases for Gauteng to date, 126,784 recoveries

2 August 2020 10:54 PM

The number of national recoveries so far is 347,227, which translates to a recovery rate of 68% with 3.036,779 tests conducted.

200324-dondo-mogajane-edjpg

SA sovereignty intact, IMF loan will boost COVID-19 response - National Treasury

28 July 2020 9:01 AM

Director-general Dondo Mogajane reflects on the R70 billion loan granted to the country by the International Monetary Fund.

Great White shark 123rf 123rflifestyle

South Africans love travelling in their own country – can they save Airbnb SA?

27 July 2020 7:26 PM

The Money Show’s Bruce Whitfield interviews Velma Corcoran, Country Manager at Airbnb South Africa.

Covid-19 insurance 123rf 123rfbusiness 123rflifestyle 123rfpersonalfinance

Santam to pay out R1 billion to policyholders in 'business interruption' relief

27 July 2020 6:29 PM

It still argues that the lockdown, not the pandemic, is responsible for its clients’ losses. Bruce Whitfield interviews its CEO.

oxygen-mask-medical-care-hospital-respiratory-illness-Covid19-coronavirus-123rf

Discrepancy in COVID-19 statistics and number of excess deaths - Report

23 July 2020 1:23 PM

Report co-author Professor Debbie Bradshaw says there needs to be re-look at some provinces' reporting of deaths.

Covid-19 coronavirus testing 123rf

EC and KZN see rising COVID-19 infections, as national infections hit 373,628

21 July 2020 7:53 AM

The Health Ministry said that over 194,000 people have recovered since the virus was detected in South Africa back in March.

liquor-store-sales-wine-champagne-mmc-brut-bubbly-alcohol-booze-drinking-123rf

Alcohol industry must pay R5 billion excise tax for booze it made but can't sell

20 July 2020 6:30 PM

Bruce Whitfield interviews reps from the Liquor Brandowners Association, Norman Goodfellows and National Liquor Traders Council.

cooler-box-beer-booze-alcohol-liquor-transportation-car- drunk-driving-123rf

'There is a drop from 100 assaults a week to 36 to due to alcohol ban, curfew'

20 July 2020 11:47 AM

Pundits on the Clement Manyathela Show discuss the effects of the liquor ban on hospital emergency units.

Western Cape grade 7 pupils

SGB federation in agreement that schools should remain open

20 July 2020 8:08 AM

Basic Education Minister Angie Motshekga is expected to give clarity this week after unions called for the closure of schools.

Made in South Africa John Kani Proudly South African YouTube screengrab

[WATCH] John Kani rallies a suffering nation to ‘buy local’ in emotional new ad

14 July 2020 7:59 PM

It’s game time, Mzansi, says legend-of-legends John Kani. Arabile Gumede interviews advertising expert Andy Rice.