• 4 chicken thighs and 4 drumsticks
• 2 small onions, thinly sliced
• 1kg mixed tomatoes, cut into wedges if large
• 3 cinnamon sticks
• 1T fresh lemon juice
• Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then brown in olive oil for 10 minutes. Remove.
• In the same pan, reduce the heat and gently cook the onions until very soft and just beginning to brown on the edges; about 8-10 minutes.
• Add the tomatoes and cinnamon sticks. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are softened and juices have thickened slightly, about 6–8 minutes.
• Return chicken to pot, arranging skin side up. Cover the pot, reduce heat to low, and simmer gently until chicken is cooked through, about 45–60 minutes.
• Remove the lid and continue to simmer until juices are thickened and meat is close to falling off the bone, another 45–60 minutes.
• Add lemon juice; and season to taste before serving.
Guest: Consumer journalist Wendy KnowlerLISTEN TO PODCAST
Bianca in conversation with motoring journalist Ciro de Siena.LISTEN TO PODCAST
Guest: Brooke Hobson-Jones | Founder of the Corona Cape ProjectLISTEN TO PODCAST
Guest: Bridget Kahts | Programme manager at the Centre for Early Childhood DevelopmentLISTEN TO PODCAST
Bianca caught up with Marc to hear more about what he's doing.LISTEN TO PODCAST
Guest: Tracy Branford Cape Town wedding planner and events co-coordinator whose business is called Trunk Events.LISTEN TO PODCAST
Stanley Sibande is a South African-based Zambian born Acoustic Singer-Songwriter.LISTEN TO PODCAST
Julia Anastasopoulous | Artist, illustrator, designer and actress behind internet phenomenon SuzelleDIYLISTEN TO PODCAST
Guest: Kevin Meltzer | Grandson to Bertha MeltzerLISTEN TO PODCAST
Guest: Colleen Millar | Head of Learning EnvironmentLISTEN TO PODCAST