Close to 6 million people confirmed Covid-19 positive to date globally, almost 360
thousand have died, and close to 2,4 million are listed as recovered
• The SA infection total to 27, 403 with 25 more deaths have been recorded as a result of
the virus, bringing the total to 577.
• One of those who died was a woman who worked at the National Health Laboratory
Services. She was diagnosed weeks ago, deteriorated and had to be admitted to
hospital, where she later died.
• 14370 people are listed as recovered – that's just over 52% recovery rate
• 20 727 tests were conducted in the past 24 hours
• 26.5% of deaths in SA in 60-69 age bracket
• In the Western Cape, we have a total of 406 deaths in the province
• The National Command Council briefing yesterday was 4.5 hours long clarifying details
as the entire nation is moving to level 3 on Monday:
• Cogta Minister Nkosazana Dlamini Zuma said everyone must wear a mask when they
go out in public.
• Roadblocks, patrols, checkpoints to be conducted in hotspots
• Alcohol sales resume on Monday, but only Mon-Thurs between 9am and 5pm,
including licenced restaurants and taverns selling sealed alcohol for consumption at
• Hot food sales at supermarkets can resume
• Marriage is allowed but no wedding party
• Beaches and parks still out of bounds, but non-contact sports will be allowed
• Everyone may return to work except personal care services such as beauticians and
hairdressers – the hairdressers court bid to reopen was dismissed without costs
• Domestic workers may return to work under certain safety conditions
• Tourism and entertainment sector remains closed
• Coronavirus has swept through a in Storm Lake, Iowa, with 555 employees of 2,517
testing positive for Covid-19, Tyson pork processing plant in Iowa, USA
• Fifa has banned spitting and nose clearing during matches
Traditionally, the role of interns in an organisation is to keep quiet, stay in their lanes, and learn. Strategically, their value to an organisation is to secure a pipeline of skills in line with that organisation’s culture and status quo. However the pandemic, and the need for organisations to be more agile, has turned optimising human capital on its head.
Kieno speaks to Chantell Ilbury | Scenario Planner at Mind of a Fox.
Businesses are under increasing pressure to adjust to the new environment and way of doing business as the country continues to transition to advanced lockdown level 3 due to covid 19. Simply resuming operations will not be enough,it will require different stategies and innovative thinking and swift adaptations as they resume operations, rebuild revenue and source new clients. So what should this new approach be, and how do we get businesses to thrive during this time and into the future under the "new normal"? .
Kieno joined by Jeremy Lang, Regional General Manager at Business Partners Limited
Kieno speaks to Sibani Mngadi Corporate Relations Director at Diageo SA.LISTEN TO PODCAST
Kieno speaks to Wendy Alberts CEO at Restaurant Association Of South Africa.LISTEN TO PODCAST
The Western cape government says urgent interventions are needed by Public Enterprises Minister Pravin Gordhan to resolve the operational inefficiencies at Cape Town port. David Maynier, Provincial Minister of Finance and Economic Opportunities says that the lack of resources and the implementation of a congestion surcharge from this month will,have serious implications for the port as a strategic entry point that feeds the western cape economy.
Kieno joined by Solly Fourie, Head of Department Economic Development at Western
A look at stories which have been trending with Barbara Friedman.LISTEN TO PODCAST
Guest: Jonathan Cherry Director at Cherryflava Media.LISTEN TO PODCAST
Kieno speaks to Jan vermeulen is the editor at large of my broadband magazine.LISTEN TO PODCAST